Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Celebrity Dreaming

Ok, so remember the dream I had about Nick & Jessica? I had another one last night about them too.

D and I were at Sizzlers, and I had just whispered to him that the food cost us $30 (for some reason I was really shocked at that price) and then out of nowhere, Nick and Jessica appeared AGAIN along with a bunch of other noname people. It was all very weird and odd, but unlike the last dream, Jessica and I did not make out. They were just in the dream.

And if that's not bad enough, the other night I dreamt about bloody Britney Spears. Good christ. Apparently she and I were very good friends, and she lived in a trailer but her husband wasn't the piece of trash Federline that we all know. Instead, he was some other guy - short and dumpy with a really big nose, but she was all gushy over him. She didn't even look like she does now - she was a much younger version of herself and not tarted up in makeup. Very weird.

So today I looked up celebrities on Dream Moods and the meaning doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to me:


To see a celebrity in your dream, represents your beliefs and understanding about him or her. Something in you waking life has triggered these similar beliefs and feelings. It is not uncommon that your obsession with a certain celebrity may carry over onto your dream world. Celebrities are often seen as heroes and all that is mighty. Also consider any puns within the name.

To dream that you are good friends with a celebrity, represents your idealized version of someone you know in your life. Perhaps you hope that a real-life friend can act more like a particular celebrity. Consider the qualities that you see in this celebrity and how you want your friends to have those qualities.


What the hell does that mean?! Neither Nick, Jessica OR Britney could be considered any type of a "hero" for me, and I certainly have no understanding about anything with any of them. I'm also not OBSESSED with any of them. I suppose it's possible my dreams don't actually mean anything at all; they could be JUST DREAMS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought Sizzlers only appeared in American dreams. How did they make it all the way to Australia?