Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Little Brother!

Good lord my littlest brother turns 24 today. TWENTY-FOUR. It's so weird; I always thought he was around the 26 mark. That says alot of positive things about him for sure.

Anyway we went out and had dinner at Sizzler, the whole family, and an immensely good time was had by all. He took off after dinner and headed down to some friends' place to get good and sloshed, and doesn't need to worry about driving home since he's crashing there. I'm so proud of him for being so responsible. (insert cheezy grin)

In other news, I did call my Dr today to ask whether or not I needed to be retested for the cholestasis. He pretty much said no, because once it comes back positive it doesn't really change, but beyond that, the test won't come back until around the 38th week mark or after it, and by that point we'll have needed to make arrangements for the induction so it would be rather pointless. He did inform me that I will be seeing the senior OB on Friday, rather than the midwife, to discuss all the options, risks and benefits, etc etc etc. I don't feel nearly as nervous or as stressed out as I did yesterday or even earlier today. It helped to talk about it a little bit, and I have come to the conclusion that bringing our daughter into the world 2 weeks ahead of schedule is a GREAT THING.

Anyway, so that's where we're at right now. I won't know anything else until I chat with the OB on Friday, but I'm feeling good and positive and I'm sure that will magnify after my appointment. I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Maribeth said...

Sounds like things are moving right along. Glad the doctor is referring you to a "Super OB". I think that'll help you feel better about things too.

caseyoconnell said...

Hmm, is it Friday there yet? I'm thinking of you--hope to hear good news!