Saturday, December 03, 2005

This is Where I Yank Out My Teeth, Like in That Stephen King Movie

I hate sinus pressure so much, and even more so when it's only on ONE side of my face. Still the left side, and it's aching so badly my teeth are killing me. I wanted to skewer a toothpick up into my gum to relieve the pressure but I haven't managed to do that yet. Think I'm going to just go the old standby route and take more paracetamol.

Before I ended up going to bed last night, I had D drop the CS into my ears again, and I put it up my nose, but I also ended up making up a warm salt drink and gargled that for a few minutes. Dear christ it was awful, but it seemed to have really helped. My throat is not anywhere near AS sore as it was yesterday... However, as I lay down last night, I applied Vicks to my throat (I read that you should rub it on your throat if it's sore) and now whatever it was in my head, seems to have plummeted straight to my chest. Awesome.

Now I just sound like I'm permanently trying to cough up a lung. FANtastic.

2 comments:

E in Oz said...

I hear ya! Last night saw me applying Vicks to my chest at 4.30am. Had to get out of bed for two hours coz lying down meant not being able to breathe and that's generally not a good thing!

Hope you start to feel better soon!

She Must be Full of BS said...

Hey sister! You don't need to be hacking up them lungs o'yours, you'll be needing them to scream at the parasite sooner or later, I'm sure, or to yell at D for not changing enough diapers... Hurrah for lungs!