Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My Kingdom for an Airconditioner

My weekend was fruitful. Saturday we spent at the large ass mall close to where we live, and thank god we were there because it was so hot and the aircon was SO nice. We finished purchasing christmas gifts and came home, stopping at two of the pet shops to drool over the freaky little kittens who were playing and pouncing on each other. God how I wanted to take them home!

Sunday we headed out again, down the coast to Mamala's place, stopping at yet another mall to check out some rugs that were on sale, and to bask in the airconditioned goodness. Yes I really do miss airconditioning - I was so spoiled living in the states and Canada. Sigh. Anyway, we get to Mamala's and it's still fairly cool out, but of course I'm feeling miserable because of my cold/sinus thing.

Monday rolls around and we head down to the Doctors for me to have my 30wk check up. Let me tell you how wonderful it was to sit in the almost frosty waiting room, the lung hacking notwithstanding. We listened to the babys heartbeat, I got a referral to have a 3D ultrasound done in town (which I have yet to book) and then drove back home to pick up my sister and take her into work. Oh, and my Dr. determined I have a sinus infection and prescribed me some Amoxicillan. Yum. So now I'm taking that.

I can't even describe to you how hot yesterday was. It was even worse up at my place, because not being right on the water means no cool ocean breezes. Instead it was very dry, very humid and pushing about 37C (almost 100F). Oh, and no breeze to speak of. Last night was infinitely worse, but I did pull out the freestanding fan and put it in the bedroom, proceeded to have an almost-cold shower for about 20 mins and then lay down on the bed and read for about an hour before I finally fell asleep.

I didn't sleep well, but I didn't sleep badly either. Tossed and turned through the night and kept waking up with bouts of coughing fits. I think I woke D up every single time I went into these fitful spasms but he took it with utmost joy and love and this morning proclaimed me "very sexy" and proceeded to tell me just how much he loved me. (Honestly it must be love if he can look at me with puppy-dog adoring eyes while I'm dying of heat and stuffy nosedness and coughs that would make one think I needed to be in an iron lung)

Today I plan on doing very little, and probably spending most of the day in and out of a very cool shower, and in front of the fan. I may even nap alot today since it's going to be at least as hot as it was yesterday and I have no way of getting to the nearest mall for the airconditioning.

Let's hope we can find a smallish window sized one for the bedroom soon.

No comments: