Monday, December 26, 2005

So Much Present-y Goodness!

I feel like I've done so well this year in the present department, and that's probably because I have. Seriously. D and I set a budget for ourselves this year and vowed we would not go over it. We each had a set dollar amount we could spend on each other and while I thought it was generous (in the beginning), I quickly realized how pitiful it actually was and we both ended up over-spending; him alot moreso than me.

So, without any further ado, I'll rattle off all of my presents (or try to!).

From D
* Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard (black)
* Teac 21" TV/DVD combo unit
* Revlon Holiday Makeup Kit + Travelling Case
* Russ Plushy Cow
* Russ Plushy Elephant
* Plushy Piglet
* The Simpsons Season 3
* "Simply Bill" recipe book by Bill Granger
* Vodafone v360 cellphone
* Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
* 3 boxes Lindt Chocolate
* Me, Myself & Irene dvd (which I'm exchanging)
* Black mousepad

From Mamala
* Toy kitty whose stomache goes up and down when batteries are plugged in
* Sterling Silver pink shell necklace
* Sterling Silver blue topaz toe ring

From Brother M
* Hot Shots 1 and 2 dvd

From Brother G
* The Matrix Trilogy dvd

From Tia
* Sterling Silver "Big Sis" pendant
* Sterling Silver Chain
* Me, Myself and Irene dvd

I know I'm probably forgetting stuff, but that's really all I can remember at this point. It's amazing I managed to remember that much, honestly. These days my brain is getting more and more shot (love you little parasite) which I think might also have something to do with the heat.

It's so stinking hot today, as it was yesterday but at least we had a little bit of cool breeze coming off the ocean at Mamala's. Here we don't have that luxury, but we do have a fan I've been parked in front of since we've come home, which has helped immensely. Well, that and the fact that the new TV came with a remote control so I don't have to get up and down off the couch anymore to change channels!! I didn't realize how much I missed having a tv remote (which I know sounds really sad and pathetic) until I didn't have one anymore but now do again.

Also, my throat is still wicked sore, and I'm still coughing, though not as much, and if it's not gone by Friday then when I go in to chat with my midwife, I'll see if she can do anything for me. It just seems too unusual to have a sore throat and chesty cough for almost 3 weeks now, though I understand something is going around...

And also I found out on the Friday just gone that my darling little parasite has the hiccups. I'd noticed this funky little pulsing movement before, but had no idea what the hell it was, until Mamala had her hand on my lower stomache, felt them for a bit and promptly told me that yes, indeed those are hiccups.

Since then, she's been hiccuping alot. Does that mean I need to drink more water? Or hold my breath more?

3 comments:

mamala said...

If you were to hold your breath for too long, wouldn't that mean that baby wouldn't be breathing also???? And what did your Grandmother say to you when you had them? "You are thriving" So that must mean, that whatever you are eating, she is happily chewing on too. Don't stop breathing. Can't be good for you.
love you
Mamala

Contagion said...

Wow, you did make out like a bandit. Me, Myself and Irene is a hilarious movie.

caseyoconnell said...

I think the hiccups have something to do with lung development, actually. It's all very normal. Are they really big hiccups? Freya's are pretty little, but I know people whose belly monsters have them so badly that it drives them nuts.