Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Dreaming in Colour

I had a couple of odd dreams last night and early this morning. I also had a weird one the night before last, which involved a guy who was gay (and he was seriously very good looking) and I making out, and at some point I ended up grabbing hold of his ass just to feel it. It left me feeling... Unusual.

My first dream last night starred myself, my child (who was born a girl but became a boy), my Mamala and a bunch of other people I don't know. So it started off in the hospital, and I was there to actual birth the parasite... And there was absolutely no pain. None at all. Someone said to me that I was 8cm dialated and I should be feeling pain, but there wasn't any, and I was walking around and talking (and wearing a green tracksuit) like nothing was going on. Fade to black for about 2 seconds, and then merge from blackness to me being in the hospital bed, holding the baby and breastfeeding her a little bit.

Cut to a few months down the track now, and we're out and about somewhere, with Mamala I think but I'm not sure, and suddenly my baby isn't a girl anymore, but a fat little boy with a huge chin, huge forehead and button nose. He was really quite the ugliest thing I'd ever seen in my life, and all I kept thinking was This can't be my child, he's so ugly. Who on D's side of the family has such a big chin and forehead?? I couldn't figure it out.

But he was hungry, my boy, and there was nowhere for me to sit down because at this point we were outside on a hill, with a parking garage behind us that was completely full up, but there was some guy outside working on a red car and I needed to get home because someone had left me there promising me I'd get a ride with the guy fixing the car. That just wasn't the case. So, I'm wandering around wondering how I'm going to feed my son because I'd forgotten to wear a nursing bra that day, and also there was nowhere for me to sit down so I kept thinking, You can't breastfeed standing up! But then, due to his cries and wriggles and he was very heavy for a child of only a couple of months old (he was rather chubby actually) I lifted up my shirt and pulled up my bra and let him have at it. The funny thing was, he didn't drink for very long before he was done, and I remember thinking, I'm supposed to be leaking. They all told me when he was hungry I'd start leaking. How come I'm not leaking? So then, thinking that maybe I just didn't have enough milk in that side, I shifted him over to the other side and he drank for about a minute and was done. It never occurred to me that he shouldn't be so chubby if that's all he drank.

So, at that point, after the feeding, I called up Mamala on her cell, and I think she said she lived about ten minutes away and I was in tears when I asked her to come pick us up. She hemmed and hawed for a few minutes because she'd just gotten home from being out, and had just put her car in the garage but finally relented and said she'd be there in a few minutes to pick us up and drive us home.

I feel like I'm leaving so much of the dream out but I can only really remember it in bits and pieces. It's all very weird and unusual and I think even D was in the dream at various points, as well as my cousin Melissa.

* * * * *


The second dream I had involved me being at work at the ISP I once worked for back in Connecticut, USA. Almost all of the original people were there that I knew but the building had changed somewhat and in some cases, was entirely empty.

I was running around the building laughing, as though someone was chasing me even though nobody was. I ended up running through one side of the building to the other, looking for someone (I'll call him Leo) because I always spent time with him when I could. [I'll need to elaborate on that at some point, this dream often mixes reality within it and I'm not going to explain it here right now] I ended up running into a large room where a bunch of other coworkers were, and I asked, Have you guys seen Leo? At that moment he wandered in, looking exactly as I remembered him with one notable difference: He had long hair that was tied back into a ponytail and for some odd reason, that really suited him. (He usually wore his hair in a tight cut to his head, military style that was very, very hot)

He gave me a really big grin, as though he was over the moon to see me (we haven't spoken to one another in oh, probably three-four years or so now I guess) and we instantly started chatting and laughing the way we'd done when we were together. From there we were suddenly in "combat" and he was leading the pack of us, though I'm not really sure how many of 'us' there were. I do know there was a few of us, maybe 6 but maybe more, I don't really know, and I was holding some kind of plasma ray gun thingy. {It was very cool} We were stealth walking up some corridor which led out onto a wooden verandah type thing, and there were these almost invisible droppings falling from the sky; well I opened fire with my plasma gun thingy, holding down the trigger like you would hold it down on a machine gun, and just sprayed the general area in front of me.

Suddenly Leo shouts at me, telling me to open fire, to which I shout back that I am but they're not dying! They just keep coming and coming! And the once invisible things dropping from the sky are now coated in pink plasma that came from my gun, and I'm wondering why it turned pink when the lasers from my gun were clearly invisible. I think at that point I realized my gun was a dud...


...And I woke up. It was really, really odd. Wish I had a dream interpreter! Not that it matters, I suppose. I've read that pregnant ladies often have weird and wonderful dreams - but this is only the second time in 32 weeks that I've had dreams this bizarre.

No comments: