Monday, December 19, 2005

Ah EverQuest, You Vile Temptress

"We've Reactivated Your Closed Everquest Account" is the headline I see when I open up my mailbox. Thinking it must be some kind of hoax, I read through it and find out that it is sincere, and that Sony (obviously in the Christmas Spirit) has decided to reactivate my EverQuest account for 21 days! Yes, that's right, 21 days. They couldn't quite make it 30 though, could they? That would be just too much to hope for given the FIVE years of loyalty I so willingly gave them.

That aside, I have multiple EverQuest accounts, so... Which one are they reactivating? Do I dare log in again only to find that it's the wrong account I've logged into, thereby charging up D's creditcard (cause I won't use mine, you see) for a month wherein I'll hardly play? Oh, but it's tempting! Yes, yes it is! If D ever went back to play, I'd be right there with him, you'd better believe it. That's highly unlikely though; he refuses to give money to Sony in whatever form, after they screwed him out of so much (via EverQuest) for 5 years. He's got a point there.

But, I truly do still miss the game. It's horrible. I no longer know anyone who plays regularly, and the companionship ingame is probably what I miss more than anything else. Though I really really miss my little Gnome ShadowKnight too.

Dear god, I'm reminiscing over a game. If that doesn't prove how much of a gamer I am, very little will.

No comments: