Sunday, December 18, 2005

Another Long Post Where I Squish Lots of Information In

Remember my sore throat I was complaining about? And my sore ear? And how it hurt when I swallowed and my teeth hurt due to the pressure in my sinuses? And then how I had to go to the Doctor and get some amoxicillan?

Well the sore throat is back. The coughing is back. The hurty-when-I-swallow is back. No earaches yet though, and no sinus pressure. I go back to the Doctor on Friday, and I'm not terribly sure what's going to be able to get done. Ideally I'd like a throat transplant - have those ever been successful? - and I'd rather not take any more drugs if I can help it. I'm pretty sure my Doctor wouldn't give me anything that would harm the baby, but then you never really can tell, can you? I'd just rather not take them if I can help it.

And in other baby-related news... Has anyone ever had a sore bellybutton during pregnancy? It's an odd sensation, and maybe has alot to do with the fact that I keep playing with it, but it just feels like it's poking into me from the inside. Or that something is poking into me from the inside. Yes, yes I'm sure it's the baby on more than one occasion, but sometimes it feels harder and more harsh than that. I don't know how to describe it. Almost like a cramp, I guess, when I lean forward and put pressure there.

So we're 32 weeks this week, and feeling more and more uncomfortable as the days go by. I wish I could just find a sitting position that was as comfortable as my laying positions. That's just not meant to be though, is it? And as the time draws near, I'll be even less comfortable then. It's all worth it though, as I lay on my bed and stare down at my little mountain and watch the alien beneath squirm and wriggle and do backflips and dips and somersaults. Honestly I can't tell you how COOL that looks, to actually see her physically moving around in there. I sometimes half wish that I had a transparent stomache.

D stayed home from work on Friday, and so he went Christmas shopping for me (Yay, so excited!!!) but I went along with him and we split up during the whole actual shopping process. I ended up purchasing him a couple more items while I was out (now really going over alotted budget) and sitting down for the rest of the time. Saturday we went out again because he wanted to pick up a few more items that weren't at the shopping center on Friday, so we went down the coast to an entirely different mall (Pacific Fair for those in the general area) where, by the time we arrived, I was literally drenched in sweat because it was so damned hot and we have no aircon in the car. The thing about this mall is that it's an indoor/outdoor mall, so unless you park undercover near Myers, then you'll be walking in the hot sun to get to the airconditioned part of the Mall. Which is what we did. And then I promptly found a chair, sat my ass down and waited for D to get his shopping done.

Only he didn't get it done at all. He was wondering around pricing items and looking for specific things and felt really bad that all I was doing was sitting on a bench inside waiting for him, and we ended up leaving, amidst my protests that he should stay and get the shopping done. He kept telling me, "No, I'll do it through the week on lunch." and things of that nature. I'm wondering if that's because some of the items he wants to buy me are so big that he couldn't possibly hide them from me while I'm with him. Since I like that vision so much, I'm going to stick with it and assume that's the real reason.

Also, it turns out I don't like Dory. We had fish'n chips at Mamala's last night, and I got some crumbed calamari and some chips, which were so yummeh, and because I wasn't sure what fish to buy, Mamala suggested Dory. It's really not that delicious in my opinion, so now I'll have to try a different fish the next time we eat that way. At least now I know, though.

We also picked up a turkey yesterday, though we didn't buy any stuffing mix or cranberry sauce yet. The turkey looks big enough, and I'm really hoping it's going to be. Mostly we'll end up having a cold platter, I think - the turkey, Mamala bought a ham, and she's buying a couple of chickens as well - and some prawns, plus all the salads we can eat. It should be awesome, and my brother is making his famous waffles on Christmas Morning for us all to enjoy. Just hearing about all this food really makes me wish I was still in my second trimester because I ate like a freaking FIEND and enjoyed every bit of it.

Now I can't eat nearly as much and it's not nearly as much fun anymore!

God I'm so excited about Christmas this year. I'm with my ultra fantastic, sweet, thoughtful, kind, considerate, extremely hot fiance, and I'm back home in Australia with my family where I've wanted to be for so many years now, AND in almost 8 short weeks, we'll have our wriggling, squirming, screaming bundle of joy here with us.

Best.Year.Ever.

3 comments:

She Must be Full of BS said...

Remember Thanksgiving, when you were jealous of our food? Well now it's Christmas, and I get to be jealous of your family. At least I've still got my own extremely hotfiancee to spend it with!! No presents this year, though. Too broke. *sniff*

Anonymous said...

The unfortunate part of our Xmas in summer, is usually you don't FEEL like eating...which is why we mainly have all COLD stuff!! It always seems to keep you cooler, just knowing that you are icing everything down!!!
I cannot agree more to having the whole family together again and the absolute joy of knowing we are all sharing this with another one not born yet...it's a most unreal feeling, to watch your own daughter's belly getting bigger and bigger, with the first Grandchild. It is sooo very nice to have you back home Erica!
Love
Mamala

Anonymous said...

I had the belly button thing...so weird. Yes, part of it is from poking it all the time, checking it out (still hurt? yep. how about now? yep), but I think the adominal muscles behind your navel are stretching. It went away after a couple of weeks.