Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Amalgamation

So it turns out the neighbours across the street aren't back afterall. It turns out they only came back for an afternoon to finish cleaning and mowing the lawn and deweeding the garden. The house is still quite empty.

The house to the left right of us finally sold, and so now we have new neighbours moving in there. They're as trashy as the neighbours to our left, I'm sad to say, though at least so far nobody from that vicinity has kicked a ball into our back yard. I'm still waiting on that, though.

Okay so I was gone for two days - I headed back down the coast on Sunday afternoon/evening to Mamala's House because I had my hospital appointment yesterday and we just figured it would be easier if I stayed over Sunday and Monday nights. That way, I could do D's Christams shopping on Monday without him bothering me about it. (He's terribly excited about the whole gift giving/receiving prospect this year) Of course, since he reads the site, I can't tell you what I got him.

I got everything I wanted to get for him, and went over our alotted budget by about $60. Of course he automatically thinks this now means he can run out and use the creditcard on spending for me, but after many emphatic No! comments, I think he will now refrain from that. My Canadian; he's such a kidder.

And in other Christmas-related news, we got our tree up and decorated last night. Now it's perfectly complete in all of it's purple and silver glory. It just looks awesome. Photos will come once I get them off my computer.

We're having our place inspected today by the realtors. I guess they come in every 3-4 months to make sure we're not ripping down walls and blowing up rooms and digging trenches in the backyard incase of charlie. (I know how we all fear that) For the last two days, D and my brother have gotten the place looking sparkling clean and in tiptop shape for it, and with the exception of last night's dinner (which I will clean up this morning) it still looks all fantastic and neat and tidy. I love when my house looks like this. Even the giant spacious tiled floors are mopped!

So like I mentioned earlier, I had my antenatal appointment yesterday at the Hospital and it went so well. For the longest time Mamala and I had thought we'd been hearing the baby's heartbeat but as it turns out, we'd only ever been hearing the placental swish. (This sounds like a helicopter taking off, minus the engine noise - the swish swish of the propellers) The first midwife I ever saw didn't bother correcting us on what we were hearing, and my very own Doctor didn't bother correcting us either. They both just let us assume the swishing sound was the baby's actual heartbeat. Not so true: The heartbeat, which we really did hear for real yesterday sounds more like a really fast paced tennis match, the sound you hear when the ball is being hit with the racket. It was so incredible to hear!

Her heartrate is at a very healthy, strong 148 beats per minute, she weighs approximately 4lbs right now, and is currently happily hanging out on the right side of my uterus in the breech position. The midwife I saw yesterday repeatedly told me not to worry about that, that the baby still has 6 weeks or so to turn herself and get her head down where it needs to be. I think I did tell her I wasn't worrying about it but she kept stressing that point anyway. She did say though, that if bubs hasn't turned by the point I'm in labour, they will do a ceasarian, but again she told me not to worry. Honestly, I really wasn't worrying about it. If she turns, she turns and if she doesn't, she doesn't; there's not much I can do about it. She'll be born however she wants to be.

I also ended up signing the forms stating she was to have her Vitamin K shot at birth, but that I am denying the HepB shots. In my opinion, that's not even remotely necessary and I'm not going to have it done. I'm probably not going to have it done within her first year either. Of course, I had to write on the form why I wasn't having her HepB shot, so I wrote, "I think it's silly." And I do.

So that's the recap of my last couple of days, eventful as they were. Today I'm not doing much, if anything at all, though shortly I'm going to have to go have a shower and get ready for the realtor to show up. Beyond that, I might just bum around reading and keeping cool and keeping my poor feetsies elevated. Alternatively, I can jump on WoW and level up my little cow warrior.

No comments: