Wednesday, December 21, 2005

* * Merry Christmas * *

I'm in the mood to be merry, so merry I shall be! It's a gorgeous day today, though already too warm for me and it's only going to get warmer, and probably to the overly-uncomfortable level. But we only have FOUR sleeps until Christmas Day and I am too excited about it.

It's my first Christmas with D, and I can't wait to wake up next to him and plant kisses all over his face and give him huge hugs and whisper how much I love him before we dive out of bed (not that I will be doing too much diving, you understand) and race into the lounge room (not that I will actually race, mind you) to unwrap our presents. I almost feel like a kid again and I'm LOVING it. If this is how I feel now, I can only imagine what it's going to be like when we have the baby next year, because by then she'll be about 10 months old. Good god, I'm going to have to really curb my spending next year - I can already foresee buying a whole bunch of things she won't even want.

But I digress. It's Christmas time, and I'm with everyone I love deeply and I'm back home and there's just NOTHING better than this! So, Merry Christmas and a Happy Hannukah and for those of you with bizarre religious beliefs or celebrate some other weird and wonderful holiday this December, make it a GREAT one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh...you have changed the look of your blog, just for XXmas!!! It looks great!!! Yes...this has been a most wonderful year, full of lively and exciting things happening and I must confess, I would so much miss this if you were still in America. I would not be happy. I am gald you are here and glad you have a man who is understanding and loving enough to be in this country with you.
Merry Xmas to the both of you too!!
love you both and with many heartfelt thanks.
mamala