Friday, November 11, 2005

WordPress

Thanks to the Complimenting Complimenter I now have a wordpress account. Yay! The only bad thing about it, is that in order for me to make my own templates or edit the existing ones, I need to have the application installed somewhere first. Doh. It's not as easy as blogger, what with the editing of templates right in the dashboard. It's a little bit inconvenient, actually, because now this means I am going to have to go get an account someplace so I can ftp in.

Unless, of course, I'm doing it wrong and I don't need an account someplace afterall. Apparently I do need to install it somewhere though, if I want to make any changes and edits. Hmm...

//edit 12:08pm: Okay, so I figured out that yes I need somewhere to upload all these wonderful files. From what I can understand, it's similar to Moveable Type but with some noteable differences. Also from what I understand, I'm going to have to register a domain in order to upload all my files, since my darling D's host isn't supporting PHP on his plan. Now I have to figure out a domain to register.

Sigh.

No comments: