Thursday, November 10, 2005

We Don't Have to Sit on the Floor Anymore!

Because now we have furniture!!! I've uploaded new pictures into FlickR, but you can just go quickly here instead and see them. We so love our new stuff, and now that our place is getting more to be looking like an abode rather than a shell that simply protects us from the rain, we've all decided we really feel rather rich right now. ;)

In other news, D ran his 5km marathon last night... Well, almost! He walked 1.5km but ran the rest of the distance. I'm SO proud of him, it's such an achievement. God knows even not being pregnant there is no way I could do something like that. And the amazing thing, he'd only been preparing for it for a week! But, he was aching last night; thighs, calves, ass, feet... Even his arms and shoulders were stiff. I gave him a nice massage after he got out of the shower, and he started feeling a little bit better. I'm not sure how he's doing today, since he left for work before I had a chance to really wake up and talk to him.

Mamala and Nanna headed up to Bundaberg yesterday morning and arrived in the early afternoon to visit with my Aunt and Uncle (Mamala's brother and sister in law). My Uncle is quite multi-talented: builder, boater and now pilot. His plane (that HE BUILT!!) goes up for it's inaugral flight today around 1pm which is what they wanted to see. I think eventually my Uncle is going to go for his commercial pilot license, but I'm not sure how far in the future that's going to be.

Baby was kicking around ALOT yesterday, so I'm wondering if she's going to do the same today. My belly was jumping all over the place as she moved and poked and punched and kicked. It was so incredible though, I can't even describe it. And as we were laying on the NEW COUCH last night watching House MD, D had his hand on my stomache and every so often would feel her move and ask, "Was that her?" "Her again?" My responses to him was, "She's talking back to you, hon." Of course that brought a HUGE grin to his face. He's going to be such a great daddy, and god knows our child is going to totally be Daddy's Little Princess. Maybe I should register that and set up a blog on it in prep for her 16th birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOh!!!! I really do think you should do that tooooo! It would be so nice to have it all on DVD for her when she grows up, along with some piccies along the growth path. That's a wonderful thought!
Love
Mamala