Wednesday, November 09, 2005

More Good News

As if yesterday's news wasn't enough, there's more that I forgot to tell you about as well! I know I haven't mentioned our smallish infestation we've been having, mainly because it's just too gross to think about, but since that's soon to be done with, I will now mention it.

We have larvae things that look like maggots which climb their way up our pantry walls and slide into the corners of the ceiling and cocoon themselves. I think these things are moth larvae, but I honestly don't know for sure. We've been killing them as fast as we see them but we have absolutely no idea how to stop them coming back. Thankfully they're not climbing into the food in the pantry.

I got in touch with our realtor's assistant (who is absolutely amazing) yesterday about that; originally she had called me to find out about the phone bill (we get reimbursed for the line connection fee etc) and so I told her then about our problem. Within a few hours, she'd contacted the owner of the house and gotten approval for pest control to come in and do a full spray. Pest control called yesterday saying they'd be out on Tuesday around noon and we have to leave the house for 2 hours.

I'm all for this, obviously, except for one minor detail: Will this spray kill our gecko? I don't want him to die.

So now I have to call the pest control people today and find out about that, and to also find out if I have to cover all my furniture and what I should do about all the food in the pantry. I've never had my house sprayed before, both inside and out, so this is a whole new thing for me. But I'm excited!

Now if only the owner of the place would put in reverse cycle airconditioning and a normal, freestanding clothesline.

No comments: