Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What is a Letter if Not the Beginning of a Name?

I say this because I have just stumbled upon a blog whose writer has the SAME NAME as me. Wow. This has never happened to me before, so I got sheerly excited over it. Which brings me to my point, really: I know alot of you don't know my name. You only know it begins with an "e".

Some years ago, back when I had one (of like a thousand) domains, and my blog was MUCH better than this one in terms of content (because it was all angst ridden and I was writing about my relationship like it was constantly christmas and I was getting presents every day, but nowhere near as good as that) so therefore I had a lot of readers, I had decided to forgo using my real name incase certain people found my blog and reported it back to my ex. At that time, unbeknownst to me, he'd installed a nifty little program on my machine that tracked everything I did and everywhere I went, and well, basically everything. (He later got wise and put it on the server where I couldn't find it)

I am also intensely paranoid. I believe this also stems from my ex in part, because you tend to get that way after you've cheated on someone and don't want to be caught. Or, even before that point, when you think you're falling in love with someone else, even though that other person might be married with a family on the way... Or even in another state. But I digress.

So I stopped using my real name years and years ago, and chose to use a myriad of pseudonyms instead; changing them as often as I changed my layouts (which was damn near once a month). Eventually I got tired of that, and for awhile did not publish under any name at all. And then, after a few years of that, I thought bugger this, and began publishing under the first letter of my first name - "e". This suited me fine, and at the time, there weren't that many "e" people floating around the internet. At least, none that I knew of, and back then blogsurfing was as critical for me as breathing. In short, I read alot of blogs.

Some of you obviously know my name; some of you I talk to every single day, some of you I email weekly and some of you I haven't spoken to in years. Some of you I deeply love, even though we've never met but will someday.

At any rate, I know there are alot of you who have wanted to know what my name is for a little while now, so without further ado, I present to you swirlspice.

2 comments:

E in Oz said...

You've done a much better job at staying simply 'E' than I have.

My coincidence was discovering pumpkindiary and finding out not only was that E the same as me, they lived in the same suburb as me.

ezri.blue said...

Wow that's really cool!

Hmm. Maybe we should move to Melbourne. ;)