Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A Decision Has Been Made, I Think

My whole pram/stroller debacle is of course what I'm referring to. After speaking with Mamala this morning, we've decided (for the sake of my own sanity) to wait until after the little parasite is born, and go shopping WITHOUT aids of any kind, and THEN decide what to do. I must admit this is a really good idea. If I can do the grocery shopping with my small bundle of screams joy in the trolley seat, laying down and peacefully screaming sleeping, then I won't need to worry over getting a stroller until she's around 3-4 months old. I like that plan.

I can't believe she's going to be here soon. Pretty soon it's going to be December and she'll BE HERE IN FEBRUARY. That's like.. 8 weeks. OH MY GOD. Right now, it's down to 11 and a half weeks. Soon it'll be eight. And then six. And then four. And then ohmygod I'm having contractions and have to finish my post now or I'll birth right here in the computer room. (I know, not pretty)

In other news, the MiL called the other day, and rattled off her neverending list of baby stuff she's planning on sending over. Of course, she's sending it all via ship because it's the cheapest way to go, and if she sends everything tomorrow, there's a 40% chance it'll arrive before the baby is born. If she waits much longer, then we won't get anything until way after the birth, and all her newborn gear will go to waste. It takes between 6-8 weeks to travel via cargo ship from the US at the best of times, so I don't know how long it's going to take coming from Canada, and that does not take into account how long customs will keep it at the docks for inspection. Probably at least a month - maybe more being that it's christmas-time and there's going to be a shit load of things waiting for check-in. I'm actually wondering if I'll get to see any of it before we leave for Canada in May for a month. I suppose only time will tell.

I did tell her not to bother sending over the second hand car seat she bought, because Australian standards and Canadian standards (while both commonwealth countries) are alot different, and legally I couldn't use the Canadian carseat over here. She agreed to keep it, and we'll use it when we go back to visit; after that she can toss it or sell it or do whatever she wants with it. I'm not sure what she's going to do with the crib she bought (after she was told we weren't using one) and I've since found out she also has a bassinet which she'd had for awhile, apparently, but it is on loan to one of her friends. (Not sure why she would have both bassinet AND a crib though - oh well) She also mentioned a bunch of other things she has for us, clothes and clothes and more clothes and did I mention clothes? Plus spoons and forks - which I believe are also used, so I'm not at all sure I'll be using them. D and I have become very prim about this whole thing, I fear. I don't really want to start my child out with used silverware. At any rate, there are some things she's sending that I'm looking forward to seeing; mostly I'm just hoping it'll all arrive before the baby does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perambulator! I love that word. :)

ezri.blue said...

You actually had to make me go and look up at the word at dictionary.com you know. I feel richer for now knowing what it means. :p

You ever going to reply to my email, my twin?