Sunday, November 27, 2005

28 Sleeps 'til Christmas!

Yesterday was an absolutley amazing day. It started out with a leisurely sleep-in time of about 7am after which we got up - D played WoW for 3 hours and I played Sims2 - before we headed out to begin our Christmas shopping. This was for both presents AND christmas decos.

Since this is our first year together, we put a great deal of effort into deciding what colours to use, how we were going to do it, what colour lights (if coloured at all) to string; all the usual questions one asks when one is about do a tree. And you know what? I'm excited this year, which I think has nothing to do with my impending mommyhood, but more of the fact that I'm totally enjoying myself this year. I'm at home, in my own country, surrounded by my own family and life IS GREAT. I'm finding that, unlike previous years, this Christmas is actually fun for me. I LOVED going out yesterday with my love, and buying presents and deciding what to buy for the tree and did we want to get table decorations too? (so much to consider!) Oh and did you know that you can't buy the little baubles that have hooks on them anymore? (At least up here) I knew; I just forgot so I didn't buy any hooks so we couldn't put the tree up last night. (It's probably just as well, it's abit early isn't it?)

Even Friday was an awesome day - my Mamala and my sister came up for the afternoon and we went out shopping; originally to go grocery shopping (which we did do) but we also ended up in Salvos where I picked up some more baby clothes and a baby bouncer-seat thing. (How descriptive was that!?) Mamala also brought up my changing table for me, and it actually looks really good as-is, only it doesn't go with anything so it's gotta be rubbed back and repainted white.

Today we're not quite done and still have some things to do, so we're heading down the coast to look at some rugs that are on sale, as well as look at some fitness equipment. We both want an oscillating machine (god knows I'll need one after the baby is born) and a bench with some weights.

It's pissing down rain at the moment which is just irritating me because when D did our laundry yesterday, he set the machine and we left the house; when we got home last night neither of us put it out so now it's reeking of dampness and mustiness so it needs to be rewashed (along with the second load of stuff waiting to be done) and because it's raining, I can't go hang it on the line. (No dryer)

Anyway, must get ready to head out and go wake up my sleeping Canadian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas is an awesome time to share with someone special - hopefully yer man isn't having family withdrawls of his own - but then guys tend to be less sensitive to that sort of stuff.
I would personally think it'd be weird to celebrate Christmas in the part of the world where it's summer though :P

ezri.blue said...

It really is an awesome time to have someone so special with you! He isn't having family withdrawls, but he IS having friend withdrawls, the poor guy. :(

This Christmas is going to be weird for me too, not having a white one. I've been so used to it; though if not necessarily white, then bloody cold! I'm not quite acclimated yet.