Thursday, October 13, 2005

Just Another Manic Thursday...

I guess we're pretty lucky where we live. A few days ago there was a raging bushfire about 15 mins (in both directions) from where we live, but we didn't get touched. Then yesterday there was a sever thunderstorm warning in effect for SE Queensland, and while the bordering town got slammed with hail, we did not. In fact, we got nothing. Brisbane got hit hard apparently, and a few towns out west did as well. The hail storm passed by my house with a wink and a wave, as though it knew it had taken an extra week to get our internet installed and it wasn't going to do anything to mess that up.

THANK YOU Mother Nature. You are the best and most wonderful Mother ever. Thank you for sparing all of our computer equipment, and our house, and our cars, and our back lawn that desperately needs a torrential downpour of rain for 10 mins, and most of all thank you for not spearing our nearest exchange with a bolt of lightning that would have invariably caused our internet to snuff. Thank you.

Today I'm installing WoW on D's laptop for him while he's at work, because I love him so much. That and I'm mostly bored shitless lately. I don't like Black and White 2 at all, or possibly it's the fact that my system dogs it hardcore and I'm kind of sick of playing The Sims 2, even though Nightlife kicks ass and one of my guys has a vamp lover.

Yesterday I read My Sweet Audrina and that brings me up to date with the bunches of Virginia Andrews books I own - Flowers in the Attic series and the Heaven series - so now I'm at a loss for reading material. I think I will have to go on a spending spree at Amazon and buy up some books so I'll have something to read, because god knows I'm not paying $25 for a lousy paperback novel. (Australia, your taxes SUCK ASS and why the hell do we have an IMPORT TAX ON BOOKS?!)

If I had oodles of money I would convince Mamala to come up here and we could go on a spending spree, but since I have basically no money, I can't very well justify that. And I'm out of milk which means tonight I'll send D to the store to pick some up on his way home from work.

And speaking of my beloved, he's being offered sponsorship into the country by the company he's working for. Hooray! I'm not sure when they're getting all the paperwork signed and done, but he's got his 3mth contract renewed, which is perfect since that means it will expire in February - right about the time our screaming bundle of joy comes along. Too fabulous.

1 comment:

Tia + Neil said...

OMG, CONGRATS ERIKA AND DWAYNE!!!
OMG,I HOPE THING'S ARE WELL.... WE ALL MISS YOU DOWN HERE....LOVE ALWAYS Tia.xxxooo