Friday, October 14, 2005

I Should Be Careful What I Wish For

Yesterday I mentioned how wonderful Mother Nature is, what with her avoidance at doing any type of damage to my home or the surrounding area where I live, and I also mentioned about how much we needed some good soaking rain. I was being purely selfish when I mentioned that however, because since it's been so dry and hot and it isn't summer yet, my grass has gone to hell. Actually, it was well on the way TO hell when we moved in, and now it's most of the way there; just a couple more stops to go.

Though maybe not so much now after last night. We got our soaking rain. It drizzled for most of awake hours of last night but I did wake up a couple of times hearing it come down harder. Music to my already tired ears, it surely was.

Now as I sit here typing thing out, having come from a fresh clean shower in which I washed my hair and shaved my legs (which was ... an experience now that my stomache is protruding more and more) I'm wondering if I should have perhaps asked for some light cool winds to come along with the aforementioned rain. It's uncomfortably muggy now; or possibly that's just me. I tend to feel the heat more than the other people around here, so it could very well be that I'm just being more selfish than I have a right to be, when it is indeed, quite lovely outside.

And, in accordance with it being "lovely" and the rain we had last night, we have had 2 more spider incidents: one last night while on the phone to Mamala, and one this morning. I had Garth and D with me last night, so I was MUCH MUCH (times infinity) braver than had I been alone, and that spider was rather large and nobody knew what type it was. It was gassed almost immediately and then I felt badly afterward. Probably all it wanted to do was come in from the rain - not that it would have found any live food in the house. And then this morning I saw another spider that I thought had longer legs than a typical Daddy Longlegs, however as it turns out after I sprayed it, it was only a Daddy and then I felt much, much WORSE. Those spiders I try and leave alone because they eat all the other spiders that come into the house. I have one in my bedroom that I'm leaving alone, and one in my kitchen I'm not going to spray either. It won't make up for the few lives I've already taken since being here, but it's a start.

1 comment:

E in Oz said...

I was just about to post yet spider incident on my blog. Funny to see someone else having 'issues' too. I'm obviously not as nice as you. ALL spiders have to go - daddy longlegs included, because it's just wrong for a being to be able to balance a body on legs as long and skinny as theirs. :-p