Monday, August 15, 2005

We Struck GOLD!

Yesterday we were out and about up the coast, driving around in the afternoon desperately looking for a place to buy D some work pants. He's in a corporate environment so daggy jeans don't really fit, and we'd bought him a pair the week before but he decided he wanted another pair, so off we went. We also had to go pick up a weekly train pass for the city.

Anyway, as we were leaving the shopping center on the coast, approaching a round-a-bout no less, I noticed a sign that said Quiznos and I blinked. Twice, even. I said, "Does that say Quiznos?"

He says, "What?"

I said, "That sign up there."

He looks and says, "Says Subway."

I said, "No underneath that. Is that Quiznos? Is that our Quiznos?"

"I don't know," he said. "Wanna take a look?"

"God yes!" I shouted. I was very excited you see. I'd only had Quiznos when we were in Canada and he dragged me in, saying they made the best subs ever and that I absolutely HAD to try one. So in we went, and I tried a sub and OH MY GOD it was the best one I'd had, so he was right!

Anyway so for the past 3 months, I'd been craving the Chicken Mesquite sub made only by Quiznos and I'd been complaining and complaining that Australia needed one and wouldn't it be neat if there was one in Brisbane? Turns out the sign I saw was in fact for OUR QUIZNOS back home and I got to have a very droolworthy Chicken Mesquite sub. I was even groaning aloud with obvious pleasure.

Okay so maybe it wasn't gold per se, that we'd struck, but rather THE BEST SUBS IN THE UNIVERSE! We learned that it was the first Quiznos to open in Queensland, and opened in July of last year. So not only do we have a Quiznos, but it's NOT in Brisbane and is only about 30mins away so every time I have a big craving, we can shoot up there!

Now, if only Tim Hortons would franchise out here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lived across the street from a Quizno's for quite some time—they really do make a good sub. I usually get the vegetarian with avocado then wind up putting hot sauce on it, or that chicken/bacon thing whose title evades me. Mmm.