Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Process of Removing Yet MORE Blood

So I went in for my Dr appt today and it all went relatively well. I was in there for aaaages today, after waiting half an hour to actually see my doc. We got the results from my first ultrasound, and lo and behold, not only did they find one baby, they also found a cyst on my left ovary. Or, to be more precise, IN my left ovary. It's slightly smaller than an inch in diameter, and we will be constantly monitoring it but at the moment it's nothing for me to worry over.

I have to go for more bloodwork tomorrow, and schedule another ultrasound. This one is to check to see the baby and make sure he doesn't have Down Syndrome, and should be relatively quick. We are VERY excited to see how long he is going to be - we're guessing he'll be around 8cm long... Anyone else want to have a guess? As of today he also exactly 3 months old, and with the 2 week leeway, makes me roughly 14 weeks along. Yay! I also have a referral for the local hospital so that I can go make my booking asap for February (11th - 21st if you please).

Also picked up a few more baby clothes today. I've been trying like mad to stay with neutral colours: beige, yellow, green; but damnit I'm also buying blue things because much as I'd love a baby girl, we REALLY think we're having a boy so I'm drooling all over little boys things! They're so small and so cute and so soft! It's adorable.

Did check with doc about the itchy rash I've developed, and he doesn't know what it is or why I have it. =\ So I have no idea either way. He said it COULD be dermatitis, but he doesn't know for sure and no testing was done on it. Okay then... Though he did suggest that I quit using soap and go back to using the pH balanced skin wash I had been using before I ran out of it. So I picked some of that up today as well. Oh and new hair dye called "Chocolate Rush". Yum-O!

Also Mum has decided to start taking bets on when bubby will show himself. I'm guessing the 16th. D guesses the 13th. Don't know what the rest of the house thinks - maybe I should email all my friends and get them in on it too?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 13th? The 16th? Are you kidding me? It's going to be the 1st.

ezri.blue said...

Okay I've marked that down as official guess. =D

She Must be Full of BS said...

umm... will you be having ultrasounds every day just to check? since I don't think you really like docs that much, instead of guessing a date and thus making you go to the doc yet another time, I think I'll guess that the next one will tell all... good luck!

ezri.blue said...

No I'm not having them every day or anything. Good lord woman, I have to drink half a litre of water before every scan - I don't wanna be doing that every day! lol

I'm not sure why we don't have a more static date, instead of the date range we DO have. He said my 20th week ultrasound will give us yet another date as well, so who the hell knows. Maybe we are more backward than I first thought. Hmmm.

She Must be Full of BS said...

ok I feel completely stupid. I thought you were betting on dates when the squirt will show of its choice of gender! So nevermind. I'll have to consider my bet more carefully and get back to you.