Thursday, June 30, 2005

Who Goes House Hunting During a Flood?

Us, that's who! And, to clarify, it wasn't actually flooding when we went out yesterday, it was more like really annoying constant rain that turned into some major flooding today. The good news is that we didn't find a house we loved, BUT we did find an area that we love so at least that's narrowed it down somewhat. The downside however (and granted, it's only a very small downside) is that the area is about 40mins away from where I'm currently living - but at least it's not half a planet away!!

I slept horribly last night. My back was aching in the worst possible way, but apparently that's because my body resembled that of a pretzel, which D found highly amusing but didn't think to wake me up so I could change positions. But it's all good anyway - we both kept waking up every hour or so with the sheets of rain barraging against our bedroom window, and of course, the roof. We got 5" of rain last night. And my Nanna informs me that my Aunt and Uncle, who live up in Bundaberg, are also getting some impressive rain and flooding. Good times!

I also learned that my sister collapsed this morning, about half an hour before I got out of bed. As I neared the top of the stairs, the ambulance was already outside, and Mum and Steve were searching for umbrellas to take her downstairs and into the ambulance - and then they were all off to the hospital. It looks like she'll be having another transfusion.

When it rains, it pours. And floods.

No comments: