Sunday, June 19, 2005

Lazy Sundays

You know it's cold when Mum puts up curtains in every doorway imaginable to keep the warmth from the heater, in one room. It's almost as if the cold wind, perma-hard nipples and seeing your breath puff out when you're in the kitchen, isn't enough. Once the curtains are up, it's officially cold, and she finally admits that heat is a good thing. So, as you can well imagine, we now have the heater going. And, I'm sure, as you can also well imagine, I totally miss central heating.

In other news, I'm still suffering itchies on my girls. And my eyelids, though the eyelid itchies seem to be disappearing in favour of itchie cheekbones. I'm beginning to feel like I'm losing the war, here. The cocoa butter has been working, however it was SO FREAKING COLD last night, that I woke myself up a couple of times scratching uncontrollably. And then once when I woke up it was to put more cocoa butter on them. It's painful to keep itching - I can see I'm drawing blood, but dammit, the relief . . . the relief!

I've never actually woken myself up before because of itching, so I was still half asleep when I attempted to put the butter on my skin. Because of this, a great glob of it ended up on my nightshirt, which I then had to try and get off the shirt and back onto the flesh, without waking up D in the process.

But it was 4am, and not only was I itching myself into a fit, I also had to go pee. I wasn't as annoyed this time around as I was before - I think I'm getting used to it now - and it turns out he was already awake, having coughed himself out of sleep, and launching himself into a long and somewhat painful sounding, coughing fit. His sinuses are playing up, and it seems that he may have gotten the dreaded Cold, so Mum and I went down to the shops this afternoon to buy some essentials: cold medicine and soup. He's back in bed now, sleeping, after having taken one of the giant horsepills.

And that's about it. It's cold outside and warm inside, and I'm off to watch Spanglish.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOhhh that's right it's winter down there hehe.

Your itches might just be dry skin - do you guys have a humidifier?

ezri.blue said...

I actually thought it might have been dry skin, and no we don't have a humidifier, but trust me when I say I practically bathe in moisturizer and it doesn't help =(

Anonymous said...

Okay, all this talk of itching is concocting images from an old episodic, Stephen King movie, entitled Creepshow.

There was an episode where a man (Stephen King) touched glowing ooze spilt fresh from a meteor, still in its impact crater. Well, weeds started growing all over anything said glowing ooze touched and spread outward from there.

It didn't look pleasant.

http://www.stephenkingshop.com/images/imagegaleri/stephenkingcreepshowstill.jpg

:P~

ezri.blue said...

Gross. =\

She Must be Full of BS said...

Go see an allergist or something, for heaven's sake! If it's this prolonged, and serious enough that you're DRAWING BLOOD on a regular basis, on your GIRLS, for crying out loud, there must be something going on. Have you investigated your Mum's laundry detergent? Eating anything out of the ordinary lately? Been exposed to any animals that you're not used to being around on a regular basis? I hate to think of you all bloody, and I want you to get better!!!! Love you & miss you...