Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Head Hurts

So I got my machine. It's pretty sad, really. I have a dodgey stick of RAM (or it's a dodgey RAM bank, who knows) and every so often, for no reason whatsoever, I get a brief warning that my machine is doing a "physical memory dump" and reboots.

When you're in the midst of doing something, LIKE WRITING A POST, and it suddenly bleeps and reboots, you tend to get a little snippy.

My brother thought that since it's the RAM (or RAM bank) that I should just upgrade the three essential parts of this machine: Motherboard, CPU and RAM. So we made some calls, checked out a website, and came to find out it's only going to cost me $254 to upgrade those three essential parts. The only bad thing about that, is that I currently don't HAVE $254. Sigh.

At least I was able to play Sim City 4 last night for a good amount of time before it shit the bed on me. I really miss having the money to just go out and buy whatever I want, whenever I want it. Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you've thought of maybe just replaceing the memory - you might want to see if one of these will fit - memory doesn't get too much cheaper ;)
http://www.freeafterrebate.info/article.php/20050513181324324

ezri.blue said...

Oooh thanks for the suggestion!

She Must be Full of BS said...

Hey! Mr.M got a second job helping out this guy who has his own computer business, the guy's a pc whiz... and he can get parts for wholesale prices, which are generally around 60% off. Maybe we can help?

ezri.blue said...

OMG that would be so awesome. I'll email you with details. =D