Wednesday, October 27, 2004

It's a New Day

I sat down with intention of writing something interesting. From this point on, I doubt it's going to work out. Right now, I don't much care about anything except this: I am going on Vacation for the first time in about 2 years, and I cannot wait!

I'm heading to Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida. For the first time. Ever. I'm too excited.

My main plan is find and stalk this guy. And take numerous photos. Preferably with me in them.

This Vacation was originally scheduled for the weekend that Hurricane Jeanne blew in from the Atlantic and devestated Florida (because apparently they needed more). So, in a blur of about 7 hours full of phone calls, hair pulling, tears and exhaustion, I rescheduled.

Honestly, people say the Disney is the Happiest Place on Earth, but from the experience I've had with them on the phone (just on the phone!) I really really really hope I'm not disappointed. Speaking with one girl from their CS dept, really left a sour taste in my mouth. After about 2 minutes of trying to get information and rescheduling, I was promptly told, "I can't talk to you. Call your travel agent." Nice. Very nice.

But it's ok, it's ok. ::yoga breath:: I won't rehash that. The point is, we have our vacation and it's coming on Saturday. Our plane leaves around 6am EST, which means we'll probably be leaving the house around 4am so we can make it to the airport, and get poked, prodded and wanded by the security guys (unless they're sleeping) before being allowed to board the plane.

And, in all honesty, I'm nervous. This is the first time I've flown since the twin towers blew up. I shouldn't be nervous, I know. Billions of people have flown since then and arrived at their destinations as fat, dumb and happy as they were before they got on board. I'll be one of those people, I know. But I'm still nervous.

Y'know?

No comments: