Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So Lazy. So Very, Very Lazy.

I painted my nails about 2 weeks ago. D loves when I paint my nails because it's so "girlie" and he just loves "girlie" things on girls. (Makes sense) It has since peeled and chipped but I didn't have any nail polish remover with which to remove it and then repaint it.

A few days ago, I purchased some nail polish remover. It leaked in the car, so the car smelled rather nasty for all of three seconds before the windows were down and it was being aired out. We got home and I realized I didn't have any cotton wool balls.

I sighed the sigh of one heavy with annoyance.

"What's wrong, sweet child of mine?" Mamala asks. (Of course I am completely exaggerating how the question was actually asked, but I like this question better than the boring old, What's wrong?)

"I didn't buy any cotton wool balls!" I sigh.

The following day, D decides to head to the grocery store to pick up some necessities, not the least of which is corn chips and salsa. Oh and ground beef for tacos that night.

"You need anything from the store babes?" he asks.

"No I'm good." Pause. Longer pause. "OH WAIT! YES! I need cotton wool balls."

He heads out, I take a nap with the munchkin because the last few days she's been fussy due to the damned Nilstat we've had to give her. He comes home, WITH the cotton balls, among all the other things he purchased.

So now... Do you think I've removed the chipped and peeled nail polish from my nails? No. No I have not. And why? Because I'm lazy. So very, very lazy.

Also, Mamala and I went op-shopping today and I bought many books. I now have enough reading material to last me about 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Maribeth said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. Remember, you just spent 9 months creating a human being, you went through labor delivering a human being and now you are taking care of and feeding a human being! Now that's a lot of work!!! Enjoy being lazy and enjoy those naps with the baby. Is that a new skin? I love it. If it isn't, then forgive me. I'm still sort of out there, since losing Shubi.

ezri.blue said...

Ya it's a new skin. :)

I got 2 new nailpolishes today (OMG I love Avon) so I'm going to endeavour to do my nails some time this week when the little munchkin is resting peacefully.