Friday, February 24, 2006

It Smells Like a Hippie Shop in Here

On the advice of my acupuncturist/homeopath, I have purchased some herbs which are now boiling on my stove. These are to help clean out my insides (from my uterus expanding - I'm not explaining that), increase lactation and provide me with renewed energy, among other things. I get to drink a cup of the herbal water every day for 8 days.

It smells weird. Not a bad weird, just weird. Sort of flowery, nutty and dirty all combined. My acupuncturist said "It doesn't taste beautiful" and followed it with a laugh. I may have laughed along with him, but I don't remember even though I only got them yesterday. To be honest, the mixture looks rather intimidating and I'm not sure I want to drink it.

I'm having flashbacks to being a kid and Mamala giving me nastyass medicines to take. It does seem to be true: If it tastes like shit, it works. Here's to hoping!

Oh and the little munchkin's thrush is clearing up beautifully. I cannot wait until she's off the Nilstat so she starts sleeping better and not fussing or being upset nearly as much.

4 comments:

Maribeth said...

I'm with you. I hate medicine yucky tasting stuff. Give me a dark beer for lactation any day! ;~)

ezri.blue said...

BEER!!! Screw the herbs, I'm going out to purchase Guiness.

Contagion said...

I second E... the herbs are kind of hippy-ish. If you don't like beer, get some whisky.

Anonymous said...

Tanis root, my twin . . . I just hope that it's not tanis root. Oh, nevemind, you've already given birth! And I haven't noticed serpentine eyes, so I think you're safe. };->