Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Finally! Some Concrete News

Well, I just got back from my antenatal appointment at the hospital, and did get the results of my bile acids test back. It's very high (17) which is not good. Last test they were only at 11, so they've sky-rocketed and the doctors don't want to take any risks.

She did give me an internal exam (which hurt like all buggery let me tell you, with her prodding and stretching and stretching and prodding) and said I am 50% effaced, and 1cm dilated. My cervix is very ripe and soft, baby's head is planted firmly where it needs to be and doc said that I could go into labour at any time now. Basically - prep for it and stay near the hospital. -bites nails-

I go back on Saturday morning for a CTG if I haven't gone into labour by then (for some reason doc thinks I will probably go into labour before the weekend is out but honestly who really knows) they will reassess me at that time, but I already have an induction scheduled for next Wed/Thurs. What this means is that if nothing's happening by next Wednesday, which is my next antenatal appt AND my sister's 18th birthday, then they will keep me in overnight (so I have to bring all my crap), apply some gel to get my cervix to open up abit more, and then start the induction on Thursday morning which consists of breaking the waters and an IV drip full of hormones to get the contractions going. Basically, D and I will be parents by next Thursday night. (HOLY SHIT!!!)

So that's where we stand right now. I'm happy that it's finally concrete, though I was all emotional as the realization hit that I'm going to be a mommy in 8 days or less. EIGHT DAYS OR LESS. HOLY SHIT.

Oh and I think I might have felt my first contraction (which we think was a false one) earlier this morning. There was no pain associated with it, more it felt like my ab muscles had just gotten a giant workout from doing situps.

In other news, I turn THIRTY today and D had planned on taking me out for dinner since I did plan on going home tonight to celebrate it with him. Those plans went right out the window as Mum thinks it's wise I stay close to the hospital just in case, even though I will have to go back home probably tomorrow to get all my crap and the demonette's crap and bring back down...just in case.

I suppose this means I should actually finish buying all my crap I'm going to need, eh? Nothing like waiting until the very last minute (almost literally).

1 comment:

Maribeth said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!!!!
I hope the little Princess makes her debut soon!