Friday, January 13, 2006

Quick Recap of Events

Had my 36th week antenatal appointment today at the hospital, and it went fabulously well. Baby's heartrate is 120 beats per minute, which is a significant drop from 2 weeks ago when it was 154bpm, but it's still very strong and very healthy so Midwife Ann was happy. Bubs wasn't moving around AS much during this exam, which I think is mainly due to Ann's non-gouging of my stomache (she was really very gentle) although she was gouging about in the pelvic region trying to locate bubby's head. Turns out she's moved abit lower down, so she's still in the correct position for birth.

Didn't get my cholestasis results back yet - they were sent to the Mater hospital in Brisbane, so they said they'd fax the results to the antenatal clinic as soon as they got them in, and if it wasn't good, then the midwife or doctor on duty would give me a call. I didn't hear anything back this afternoon, so if I don't hear anything by Wednesday or Thursday next week, I'll take that as a really good sign.

Also had my last round of blood tests done; checking for hemoglobin count and antibodies once again, as well as a non-blood-related test which involved swabbing some sensitive areas with an extra extra EXTRA long cotton bud, for strepB. This is done routinely, so if they discover that I have strepB, then they'll feed me antibiotics via IV during labour so it doesn't get passed along to the baby. Guess I won't know that either until next week.

I do know that I thought it very inconsiderate that I had to do the actual swabbing considering I couldn't see down there at all and had to rely on depth perception. Turns out I don't think that worked so well, so we'll see. Hopefully I did it right. (I still think the midwife shoulda done it!)

Afterward Mamala and I did some shopping for bubs... Got her pram off layby (pictures to come), as well as bought some nappies (diapers) and nappy pins, a new bassinet pillow - I wanted to get the mattress but they were out of stock - 2 mattress protectors, some tiny little coat hangers and an absolutely melt-your-heart skirt that I plan on bringing her home in. I just have to find a top now to go with it, and buy some socks too. Oh and I put some more money on our carseat which we'll pick up in the next couple of weeks.

Very busy day today, and even though I walked around ALOT, my feet squish bags didn't get AS puffy as they have been lately. I think it helped that I was in aircon for most of the day.

And speaking of aircon... Apparently we're having someone come out to the house tomorrow to give the owner a quote on having aircon put into the house! OH PRAISE JESUS!! Hopefully this means that the owner will put in a reverse-cycle split system and we will have AIRCONDITIONING!!! Yes I'm getting my hopes up and all blown out of proportion. I hope they will not be dashed.

Oh oh oh and the most important thing... My previous post about the Huntsman spider that ran across my feet while I was sleeping? Well! We got home tonight, I stepped out of the car, turned around and holy shit... There was a big old Huntsman sitting on our garage wall. My flesh immediately began crawling and I dashed in the house to hide and tremble, while reminding D to get his camera and take photos. He did, and got amazingly close to The Beast. I shall have photos for you soon... And yes, the one he took photos of tonight was the same size as the one that ran across my feet.

And, rather than kill The Beast tonight, he got the broom and shooed it outside. He then proceeded to spray the interior of the garage with surface spray, so if The Beast does venture back into the garage, he will die a most horrible death. There's only so much I will do to keep a Beast of Such Magnitude alive.

Now, however, I must retire for the evening and go lay down. It seems my parasitic demonette has lodged her foot once again firmly into my ribcage, which is making it difficult to sit here and type. Of course, having just typed that, her foot miraculously dislodged and I am no longer in discomfort, but I am, however, out of things to say.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Friday the 13th!

1 comment:

Maribeth said...

It sounds like everything is falling into place! She's probably not quite as active now as she is getting really big and doesn't have the room and now that she has dropped a bit she's getting ready to emerge!
I'm glad all went well. Will you have her in Brisbane?