Thursday, December 08, 2005

It's Going to be a Scorcher Again Today, Folks! (35C and no Breezes)

I'm feeling alot more human today, thank god. I didn't wake up having coughing fits for most of last night, and this morning I've only had very minor coughing fits. It's been good.

Last night was a bear though - so hot and I was so uncomfortable. Once again, D and I found ourselves on the topic of purchasing an airconditioner, one that we're apparently going to look at this weekend somewhere, and if we can, layby it. I would like to scream WOOHOO at this, but mostly I'm going to remain quiet because I don't know if we'll actually GET AROUND to looking at airconditioners. He was more interested in telling me about the great Christmas decos at Myer and how the store near work is much better than the one in the Mall we usually frequent, and we should really go there this weekend to finish up the tree decorations.

God I love him.

In other news, it seems the neighbours across the street have moved out. While watching reruns of the Simpsons and Futurama last night, my brother and I watched as they piled all their things into a big Thrifty truck, 2 white cars, a truck with trailer behind it, and a small silver car. Shortly thereafter, they were gone and not to be seen since.

The question here, is why? My brother likes to think there was something wrong with the foundation and the house isn't structurally sound. On the other hand, he muses, it could very well be because too many people have complained about their Rotti jumping up on the fence, and hanging over said fence, in an attempt to eat whatever passersby happen to be...er, passing by at that moment.

Myself? I prefer to think they murdered someone on their lot, buried them in the backyard and are now immigrating to Mexico where they can't be extradited.

** edit: It's now 2:45pm and it's not nearly as hot as 35C. It's about 4 degrees cooler. In the shade. Which still makes it uncomfortably warm. At least for me. And for the construction guys across the road who felt the same way since they packed up and went home ages ago. Think I might go stand under a cold shower.

No comments: