Thursday, November 24, 2005

Australia Isn't THAT Rough.

D and I woke up late this morning; late as in almost 7am. He generally leaves the house to go to work between 7am-7:20am, so being that we woke up late, he left late and so will probably arrive at work a little late. I should probably care about that but I don't. I wanted him to stay home today.

Mamala gave me a call yesterday morning, saying something about being at the Salvos and did I want a cheap changing table? I grilled her about it: Is it in good nick? Are there any scratches or dents? What colour is it? Is it tall enough for me? How much is it? You sure there's nothing wrong with it? It's in good condition? Yes, I'm anal about these things. As it turns out, apparently it's in pretty decent condition, and is a light pine colour and has wheels. WHEELS! My baby will have her own set of wheels before I do; that's both depressing and sad.

At any rate, it's wooden so I'm assuming pretty sturdy and she did say D would be able to rub it back and we can repaint it. I also need to get a new changing mat for it, something a bit softer than what's currently on it, and then just to decide what colour scheme I'm going to do. Even though our ultrasound showed we're having a girl, I can't let myself run out and buy all pink sheets and pink frillies, just in case we end up with a little boy.

So I'm pretty sure we're going to strip back the table and paint it white, and then I'll decide what to do with it from there. Right now her bedroom is really rather stark, and definitely needs some colour to it. I think I'll stick with neutrals for now, with a splash of light colour probably in the form of pinks and blues and greens and yellows. I don't know. I could very well be out shopping this weekend and come across a single bed sheet set that I have to have and the decision will then be completely out of my hands.

And speaking of shopping, we're heading out this weekend to do a spot of Christmas shopping. D's been dropping hints of all kinds of things he wouldn't mind owning for the past few weeks, and like a good wife-to-be, I've taken notice and written mental notes. Of course, given the state I'm in, I probably should have written them down on paper, but it's abit late for that now. I pretty well know what I'm going to buy him, and I think he's going to dig it.

Of course I'd tell you internet, but since he visits the site every so often, it would defeat the purpose of wrapping the gifts for him in the first place.

OH OH OH... D's residency came through yesterday. He went down to Immigration and they stamped his passport which now makes him a LEGAL alien for the next FOUR years!! But then he has to get his hotty ass out of the country by the 17th November 2009 or the feds will bust down our door and verbally, physically and sexually assault him until he screams "Uncle" and runs screaming to the airport. I'm joking of course. Aussie Feds aren't that brutal. They at least lube you up before they start ramming you. Which is more courtesy than I can say for Steve Irwin and all of his shennanigans with animals.

Anyway. Not sure what I'm going to be up to today; I started writing again last night so I may go back to that today and see what I can get done. Ideally I'd like to hook up my other 2 harddrives and pull everything off them so they can be formatted. Besides, I have years of journal writing on those drives, I'd like to have abit of a reread and eventually put those back up online - when I get my own domain of course.

My child seems to have shifted position again: she's now hovering around the right side of my belly, and the sensation is similar to that of something clawing right beneath my ribs in an effort to get around to my kidneys. Why she'd want to get around there I have no idea, but I think it may have something to do with the fact that my bladder is no longer the sole source of amusement that it once was.

No comments: