Saturday, October 29, 2005

What's Not to Love?

I am, of course, talking about Ikea. How can you NOT love their stuff? Honestly. D and I headed up to Springwood today to visit their huge ass store, and naturally by the time we were leaving, my feet were killing me.

(sidenote, they've been swelling alot lately with the heat so they hurt more frequently as well)

Anyway, we originally wanted to go in there to look for CD racks because we desperately need some, but ended up checking out computer desks. I need one quite possibly more than I need CD racks, and we both found desks we absolutely loved. We even found matching chairs. No purchase was made today though, since we need to measure out the area where we intend on putting them.

Afterward we headed over to Rugs A Million and ended up finding a gigantic rug that's hopefully going to go very well with our dining table (whenever we end up getting that). The plan is to put it UNDER the table since our floors are all tiled, and we would prefer to eliminate (or greatly reduce) the chances of scraping, so we are going to need to measure for that as well.

How I love window shopping for future household items.

Tomorrow we're heading back up to Brisbane to spend the day there, wandering around the markets in the morning, and then spending the afternoon lunching and walking around the city. It's supposed to be a beautiful day so with some luck it'll be a beautiful outing, in order of a weekend-long celebration of our 9 month anniversary. It only turned into a weekend long event because our actual anniversary was on Friday, but with D working and not getting home until around 7p, we decided to forgo heading out for dinner and instead went out today for lunch at the ever fantastic Hogs Breath Cafe (and I highly recommend the crunchy chicken burger, but be warned: it is so filling) before heading to Springwood to visit Ikea. Anyway, since D had asked me what I'd like to do for anniversary, there was really nothing I could think of (short of flying to Hawaii) so when he asked around at work if there was anything going on during the weekend, he was met with a load of replies, and so the decision was made to head up on Sunday for the markets. So, that's how a one-night anniversary has turned into a weekend-long one.

I have to say, so far this has been a great weekend and I've loved it. Of course now I've probably just jinxed myself by saying that.

1 comment:

theinnocentone said...

For additional choices of your indoor and outdoor rugs you can visit Toowoomba Rugs