Tuesday, August 30, 2005

When Are You Going to Blog Again?!

The very question demanded of me by my Mamala this morning, so here it is. In all truth I haven't had much desire to update lately, probably because I've been so tired and just feeling generally lazy and boring.

My life hasn't been boring however, we have been house-hunting furiously in the last week, and I'm happy to announce we FINALLY found an agent who is going to help us. Huge kudos for the wonderful folks at LJ Hooker, particularly Teresa at our branch. We told her what we're looking for, and she's got a myriad of brand new houses coming up this week and next, so she's just waiting on getting the keys before we can go and take a look at them. And they're mostly all 4 bedroom homes as well which is what we want.

Beyond that, I'm beginning to now feel bubby moving inside me. It was very weird at first and I wasn't sure if what I was experiencing was him moving, or if I was just gassy. The first movements were a fluttery feeling down very, very deep, feeling like it was in the canal itself and just felt like a butterfly beating its wings against me. It was a very weird but pleasant sensation, and then after I got up and headed to the loo, as I was sitting there leaning forward slightly (so as to completely empty the bladder which is VERY important because trust me you get so freaking sick of constantly getting up to go pee every hour) I suddenly felt two very prominent but dull pokes, right under my belly button. Of course, I sat up straight immediately and seconds later, rushed out to the kitchen to proclaim what I thought was fetal movement. Turns out, it was! And then again I felt it last night as I was laying in bed reading, it felt like a tumbling mouse in my lower abdomen that rolled twice. I'm not sure if it was his legs stretching out, or his arms, but it was a definite movement and I instinctively began gently rubbing my belly in that spot. I didn't feel him again before I went to sleep, but I'm so loving this feeling when it happens.

He also did his first flip the other night - the same night I felt him move the first time - which I only knew about because I was suddenly very nauseous and very dizzy. I had gotten up to help Mamala with dinner (I think getting the vegies) and leaned against the sink feeling very much like I was going to throw up (which I have not done at all through the pregnancy). She asked me what was wrong, so I explained the feeling I had as I sat down, and she laughed and gave me a glass of water. "Sounds like bub's flipped," she grinned. Evidently it used to happen to her while she was pregnant.

I can't wait until winter is done with. I can't even comfortably do up my jeans and the zipper keeps falling down, but yet it's still too cold that I can't wear skirts or shorts and I refuse to buy larger size jeans when we only have a couple weeks of this weather left. It's so highly frustrating!!

I have my new Dr. appt in 2 weeks, where I get to meet a new Dr. I found and hopefully he'll be alot bloody better than the last one I saw and 2 days after that appt, I have another one at the local hospital where I get to meet my midwife(s) and have a tour of the maternity section of the hospital. I'm VERY excited about that and can't wait to do it! I then have to schedule another ultrasound for my 20th week and HOPEFULLY he'll be in the right position for us to get a gender check. Fingers crossed we're having a little boy!!

No comments: