Wednesday, July 20, 2005

"I'm not a puppet - I'm a real boy!"

Okay so I left you yesterday with the promise of some announcement today. I suppose I could keep you in suspense and not share it, and while that would totally be my style, I won't do that. ;)

I'm pregnant!!!! Join with me in a chorus of "OH MY GOD!" Yes yes, it's unbelievable but completely true. I've known for about two weeks now, and today we had our first ultrasound. We got to see the baby - he's about 3cm long and his heartrate was 167 beats per minute. He's soooooooo small and sooooo cute!!! We have pictures however they're abit darker than I thought they would have been so I'm not sure how well they're going to scan. I will try though, and if I can, I will post them.

This is such a huge thing for us, particularly me really, because for so many years I was convinced that I could not have children. After spending so many (8) years with someone and never being able to conceive, that was the only conclusion that I could come to. I had resigned myself to not ever being able to fall pregnant, that I was actually in denial for the first 7-8 weeks of the pregnancy. Part of me actually knew I was, and the rest of the family knew I was, but because of my previous relationship I couldn't let myself believe that I was. For EIGHT weeks I put off every little symptom as something else:

My itchy ladies! Rather than believing I was pregnant, I chose to think I had breast cancer. Hello, someone slap me please. With my constant loo breaks I chose to think I had some kind of bladder infection or something. The nausea I had whenever I thought about food and wasn't hungry, I chose to think was some weird weather related thing.

So it was kind of a downer when the Dr came in and said, "Well, it's positive." referring, of course, to the test itself, and I immediately got hyper with excitement but neither Mum nor D did. ("We KNEW this already. This is not news to US.") I couldn't help but laugh. And then, after it finally sunk in, and I wiped away my tears, did they both get a little more excited with me.

Well! So that's my announcement. We are so unbelievably excited and happy and overjoyed and elated. I'm due in February though not sure when, but we're even MORE excited our first born will be an Aquarian. And I'll be having him here (we both have a really strong notion we're having a boy) in Australia as well, before we move back to the States.

So who saw that coming?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh! congratulations to you both! Perhaps I'll get to meet you, D and Junior before you move back to the states. Hope so! At the very least I will come and visit you this year when I go to Brisbane for a week or so around Sept or October. I'll catch a train to the GC and we can spend the day together... this is of course if you want... I'm not psycho! :)

ezri.blue said...

OMG I would totally love that!! I have my next ultrasound in September but I'll keep you posted when that is so you don't show up on that day. We might also be living in Brisbane (or close) by then too! =D

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! I am so completely thrilled for you both! Babe, that is wonderful news! I so look forward to seeing photos and hearing all about these next nine months. Take good care of yourself, and be sure you get all sorts of pampering! :) Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome girlie, contgrats :)
(Sounds like in that other relationship, the problem was his physiology, not yours ;) )

Anonymous said...

Congrats, sister! No kids of my own, but I've been to something like 35 baby showers in the past 5-6 years and I must say it's never not a miracle. As a matter of fact I'm heading off to one in just a little bit, but this baby isn't fortunate enough to be Aquarian-born like yours. Best of luck to you! -- j