Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Tarantula Downpour

I once worked with a woman who was a little bit...uneducated. She was my boss, and as much as I love pointing out grammatical errors and misspellings, I was rather reticent to do it with her because she was my boss. Whenever it poured rain, she would call it a "tarantula downpour" rather than a TORRENTIAL downpour, because she didn't know the correct word. She would also say "natha" instead of nada, and "down pack" instead of down pat among alot of other things.

This does have a point to my story. About half an hour ago we experienced a very sudden TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR that lasted a good 5 minutes. I was in the loo (my favourite place of late it seems) when it started, Tia was in her room and D was in the bedroom; all of a sudden I hear him squeal, "Oh SHIT!" followed by the sound of him barrelling down the stairs and out the back door. It seems we had washing on the line!


Before the Rain

The guys next door were then exclaiming something about a mini-tornado so I fled the bathroom just as Tia fled her bedroom; we crashed midway in the hall and then ran out onto the front balcony only to crash again up against the side of the railing, all in the hopes of seeing this little tornado. Unfortunately it disappeared as quickly as it had appeared and we didn't get to see it.

The rain, however, was incredibly beautiful and the three of us stood out there watching it come down until it stopped. I live for these moments.


After the Rain

No comments: