Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Butterfly Effect

I love movies. I especially love movies that make me laugh or cry, or run chills down my spine. This movie did all of the above, so I liked it all the more just for those factors.

I'd heard it got poor reviews. But most of my friends who'd seen it, loved it. I am now one of those "loved it" people. Truly amazing work and I think I appreciate Ashton Kutcher a teeny bit more than I once did. I think this movie proves he can act (unlike on That 70s Show), so it was well worth watching for me.

Tonight I plan to watch Spiderman 2. I loved the first one. I <3 Toby McGuire (but only as Spiderman). He is rather buff, for someone who's generally so skinny and non-noticeable. Then again, if you put a bright blue and red spandex suit on anyone, they're going to stand out in your mind for whatever reason.

Which actually brings me to a rather interesting conversation I had with one of my workmates. The conversation began innocently enough, but ended up turning very sexual in nature, and very quickly.

It's common knowledge boys "get wood" when the wind blows. (Poor boys!) It's mostly not something they can control. So, we were discussing that in this movie particularly, what happens to poor Tobes when he has to make out with Kirsten Dunst, in his little bright blue spandex suit that leaves nothing to the imagination?

They can't not get into it. You just can't make out with someone and not get even a little bit horny. So, what's the poor guy do when he suddenly springs to life?

"Cut!" hoarse groan. "Give me a sec. Need to sit down."

Really, it has to get embarrassing. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if he got to wear jeans or overalls or something, and you'd be relatively hidden. Not so much in a blue spandex suit, eh?

"Dammit McGuire, go have a cold shower!"

I think we think we have it rough with our body problems, but really, I think guys have it much worse.

No comments: