Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I Hate the Phone Company

Our internet is out again. It was gone all day yesterday and I have no idea when it came up, but I was awake at 6am and apparently it was on then. Last week we suffered with the internet being down until around 830am every morning, and then for no reason whatsoever, it went down on Monday until around noon before it came back up. Yesterday, it just didn't come back up.

We called our ISP, only to find out there's nothing wrong on their end (even though they were experiencing a wicked high volume of calls, so much so that my brother was on hold for about 7 minutes), but they submitted a "line problem" ticket with the phone company, who incidentally, were supposed to get back to us yesterday by 4pm. If you guessed they didn't call us back, you'd be quite correct.

Telstra, you can lick my ass. I hate you. Get your act together.

4 comments:

Only me said...

I know it's hardly related but Telstra really pissed me off when they wouldn't activate my new "pay as you go" mobile in Aus. I'd just bought it and called the number as the guy in the shop told me to.

Because I'm british, not a Telstra customer, and didn't have my passport number to hand they refused to activate it! It was all paid for, I wasn't after a contract or anything that needed a credit check.

They said the only other was to get it activated was for another Telstra account holder to verify my ID over the phone.

I passed the phone to my girlfriend (She's aussie, so she's got a more "acceptable" accent!) She's not even a telstra customer, but she gave her mobile number anyway and with that they activated my phone. Hmmm.

Good logic guys.....

Anyway, sorry about the whinge, good blog!

ezri.blue said...

Ugh that's ridiculous!!

Glad you managed to get your phone activated though :)

E in Oz said...

Ok, hate Telstra, but do not change to Opt-arse! They're a bunch of absolute bastards. I swear me and Mike Munro are gonna have a chat soon!! :-p

ezri.blue said...

No Opt-arse for me either! I don't know about any other phone companies so I guess we're staying with Telstra. For now...