Saturday, November 05, 2005

Feeling Jipped

I had two false negative pregnancy tests so I was in denial for the first two months. I didn't get to take a photo of the test with the little markings that scream, "Yes, you're pregnant!!"

I didn't get to have a recording of any of my ultrasounds, because people are worried they'll get sued if an abnormality shows up, and they didn't catch it. (Somehow stills don't show that?!)

I have no 4-D scans of my baby. Other people get them. Other people get full DVDs of their baby moving and turning and stretching and sucking her/his thumb. Not me though. I wonder if that's just an Australian thing, or because I'm using the public health system.

Either way it sucks and I feel jipped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to get a video of my daughter when she was in the womb for the very same reasons you mentioned. It's a rather sad world that we live in.

ezri.blue said...

Yes it is, and it's even sadder that it had to get this way. :(

Email me, my twin. I've been emailing you like mad and not hearing from you; I miss you!