Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Relationship Is Over

At least with my US bank. Apparently even though they understand my "frustration" with them, they really don't give a flying hoot, and so aren't going to bother refunding my money. Money they've been withdrawing out of my account for the past eight MONTHS. Their logic is you pay whether or not you use the service.

Sounds like highway robbery to me, but what the hell do I know? I'm some schmo stuck in Australia, unable to walk into the branch and punch someone in the head. (I'd so like to do that, you've no idea) So needless to say, I'm cancelling the account with them. Of course, watch them not receive the fax, which would be very typically THEM, and continue to charge me per month for a service I'm not using, and to an account with no money it... and THEN have the balls to send me a bill for it. Mwahahah.

In any event, while part of me wants to really be this much of a pain in the ass, I've decided against it and am going to write out a cancellation letter which I am going to both fax and post certified mail (because I haven't spent enough money on these clowns to begin with) to make sure they get it.

I just haven't decided if I'm going to be nice about it yet.

No comments: