Saturday, September 03, 2005

A Day of Surprises

Woke up this morning to find out my sister had collapsed. Again. Had a Grand Mal seizure. Again. The only thing different this time, was she actually stopped breathing and her mouth was blue. I don't think I've ever seen my mother cry so much or so hard as she did this morning and I've never felt more helpless in my entire life. Thankfully she started breathing again, and the ambulance rushed her back to emergency which I believe is quickly becoming her second home. I think secretly she digs the food.

We were meant to go house hunting again today. D, Garth and I. Garth decided rather than go house hunting, he would go to the hospital with Mum, and D and I would go looking at houses. This was confirmed and agreed to by all household members, so off we went. The entire trip up the coast this morning, I was wraught with worry and fear, so much so that I kept crying on and off all the way there.

An hour or so later, we'd chosen 3 brand new 4 bedroom houses to apply for, and our estate agent was happy, promising to call us on Monday with further details. With luck we'll get approved for the first house on our list which we absolutely adored, even though it has no a/c and we'll have to buy a free standing one before Summer hits.

Just before we headed to lunch, I got an SMS from Mum updating us on my sisters condition. Blood levels were normal. Blood pressure was low and dropped dramatically through the series of tests. They can't figure out why so she's been referred to a neurologist.

I'm still worrying over it even though Tia's home now and is feeling better, albeit very tired. This isn't fair that this keeps happening to her and there's one freaking thing any of us can do, except wait for whatever happens next and deal with it then.

And, because I'm the Goddess of Clumsy, I sliced open my middle finger on my right hand today, opening up a pack of gum. GUM.

2 comments:

Tia + Neil said...

Erica i am so sorry about that, i know that i cannot help it but it makes me feels really bad knowing that i did that to you and mum you know?
i'm deeply sorry and i hope that i neva have to put you and mum into that again.
i'll try and be more careful.
love you always
Tani.xxx

ezri.blue said...

Blah stop apologizing - everyone loves you to death so how else are we supposed to react? =O

Besides, at least when you go into hospital I can come visit and then we can go eat at the cafe. Mmmm sausage rolls.