Thursday, July 21, 2005

Baby Development

Age of Fetus - 8 weeks

Your baby continues to grow rapidly this week. The baby's fingers and thumbs are short and webbed but distinctly visible. Toe rays are developing in the feet and the retina is fully pigmented. The external ears are now fully developed as well.

Other changes that are happening:

* Your amniotic sac is about the size of chicken's egg.
* The baby's tongue is fully formed and taste buds are forming.
* The arms are lengthening and able to bend at the elbow.

Baby's Size this week (head to rump): 1.25 to 1.75 of an inch
Right now your baby is about the size of a walnut shell.

1 comment:

She Must be Full of BS said...

Hey chicky!! OMG, I'm so happy for you guys!! Congratulations!! I had an inkling when I went to your 'surprises' list, and saw some stuff about kids... and don't worry, I'll give you a smack when I see you again[breast cancer? Yeesh. "it's not a toomah!"]. I promise te send you a nice long email when I'm done with my stupid work week on Sunday morning. Congrats again to you both!!! Love you & miss you, and can't wait to meet D and the offspring!!