Saturday, April 23, 2005

Nervous

The final countdown has begun, and I'm terribly nervous. I'm nervous about meeting D's friends next week and spending 2 weeks with them (I hope I don't embarrass myself or him, or break anything of theirs [like their son] or, god help me, drown in their pool or get bitten by a spider or a scorpion).

To attempt to quell my fears, and get my brain out of the mode its been in, we hit Downtown yesterday and wandered all along Queen Street. It was a lovely day, albeit a little bit windy and cold, but lovely all the same. And we got some kickass photos of some of the more interesting storefronts (see Gallery below).

I'm sitting here right now with a mess of butterflies gurgling in my stomache (though in reality it's probably just gas) and trying to force myself to be calm; I've flown before and made it safely and this time will be no different.

Four days til our flight, people. FOUR. Someone assure me our flight will be a safe one and that I have nothing to worry about - except maybe the nasty food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

e,
dont worry about it!
calm down, take a nerve relaxant and enjoy the ride!
nothing will happen to u or the plane!
dont worry!
love you lots and c u soon.
sis.xxx

ezri.blue said...

Aww thank you sis, love you!