Saturday, December 04, 2004

Dinner @ the Inlaws

Normally I don't mind going, if we're going to hang out with his sister and her hubby because I like them. And she did call last night to invite us over for dinner tonight. The food was amazing, as it generally is, but the company wasn't so much.

They had some friends over, who are almost always over there, and I don't mind them in small doses, but there's just something about being in a room full of very testosterone-y guys that isn't pretty. I ended up going and hanging with his Mom and tried to watch a movie on the Lifetime channel, but she kept talking so it was hard to focus. Then others came in and continued the chatter - I practically crawled up ontop of the tv to listen to it. =
It was a good movie too, about a bunch of 14 year old girls and their very active sex lives. Apparently it was based on a true story - one of these little girls actually had over 20 partners. At 14. Over twenty partners. It blew my mind. But she was far from being the only one. Infact, over half the kids at this school had syphilis and were happy to continue along spreading it to the next person and the next. It was sad more than anything.

After the movie was over, I ended up falling asleep on her very uncomfortable couch, and woke up to them talking about some other movie on HBO - "The Last Samurai" I think it was. Not being a Tom Cruise fan, I didn't get into it, and instead, lay on the couch and stared blankly into space until we left.

His mom is cooking us dinner tomorrow night, so that should be loads of excitement. She's a demon cook, I'll say that, except sometimes she goes a little haywire with the salt. Or maybe it's that I don't eat it very much at all, so I can taste it in everything. =\

No comments: